Monday, November 28, 2011

Tiny Steps

Nov. 18, 2011: 
One week post-op....Big Daddy has taken me to the movies.  It's the first time I've left the house since my R Hip Arthroscopy and it feels glorious and indulgent!  The past week has been a blur of painkillers, ice packs and tiny steps....from bed to bathroom, from bed to kitchen, from kitchen to bathroom, you get the idea.  Little by little by little... day by day, putting a bit more weight on the R leg.  Still using only one crutch, mainly for support.  Hip is still extremely painful and feels very, very unstable...  Family has been a God-send!  Big Daddy is my rock, as always.  My precious children, Parker and Lily have been so sweet and supportive, jumping up to fetch me this or that.  And having my own mother here has been a absolute life-saver...she helps me keep my sanity, either just listening or making me laugh or letting me cry.  You're NEVER too old for your Mama, y'all!
MY Mama :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment