Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fire and Ice

Not gonna lie.  Not gonna sugar-coat it.  Worked two "full" days...and I feel like I've been stabbed in both hips with a fiery hot poker.  It has been absolutely WONDERFUL to be back at work, and my Day Surgery girls have been amazing to me!  But, when my very sweet nursing manager called me to let me know that we were overstaffed for tomorrow, and would I like to be called-off...well, I nearly leaped through the phone!  Ummm YEAH I'll take a day off!  So, here I am...back on the Tempur Pedic, with my ice packs and laptop.  I am starting to wonder what exactly IS this pain I am experiencing.  Is this just the residual pain from the underlying deformity, that really isn't going to go away until surgically fixed?  Or am I simply just still healing from the scope, nearly 4 weeks ago?  Or, has the labral tear that Dr. Stocks trimmed, torn all over again?  He said that was a likely possibility if I'm walking at all...but this soon??  And...not only am I having the typical sharp, bone grinding, catching, popping pain in the groin...but having those sensations deep into the buttocks as well.  What's up with that???  Well, all I know is...it HURTS!!!  Like, "I wanna cry and hollar and throw things" hurts!  And that's just not 'me'.  I'm not my typical "ziploc bag full of sunshine and crack" Amy (as my dear friend, Carla calls me).  I'm not my usual smiley and fun and uber-friendly self....not at all.  And that hurts more than anything....
Yup.  Feels kinda like this....


No comments:

Post a Comment