Wednesday, February 15, 2012

POP!

Today I feel a tremendous victory in the right direction.... I finally have an appointment with THE hip surgeon who is going to (Lord-willing!) make me whole again.  Unfortunately, this incredibly talented surgeon is in Atlanta.....yeah, that's right....Atlanta, GEORGIA!  So, I'll have to fly from Houston to Atlanta for my initial appointment with him and then back again for the surgery.  But, I'll tell ya...I don't mind a single bit!  In fact, I am absolutely ecstatic!  It feels real now.  That little flicker of pain-free hope is in my sights and I can almost reach out and grab it!  So. So. Very. Excited!!!  And it couldn't have possibly come too soon.... my work days are absolutely miserable.  I'm now starting my day taking TWO Tramadol (along with a Prilosec, of course!) and it seems like it's not even touching the pain.  I think I've finally reached that terrible, awful, lousy, no-good point in pain control where NSAIDs are simply no longer effective.  The joint is just too damaged.  So, I limp....and I hate "the limp", ugh!  But, it's all about survival, right?  And, in other news...an odd new development.  So, my hips have always had a strange, loud, painful-yet-relieving POP!  But, this week the POP has taken a life of it's own....much more frequent, and much more random.  And very, very loud!  Prompting strange looks from family and friends with wrinkled noses and wide-eyed stares "ewww, was that...your...hip???"  Yes, folks.  Yes it was.  And now, for my next trick....

POP!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment