Friday, August 31, 2012

2 Weeks Post-Op

School started for the kiddos, and well....for me too.  I started Physical Therapy this week and feels like I'm learning how to use muscles that haven't been awake for a very, very loooong time!  It's funny though...during PT, I feel some tightness and discomfort, but it's not too bad.  I'm a pretty tough bird anyway, so I don't complain unless it's REALLY painful.  If anything, it actually feels GOOD to be using my legs again!  I absolutely cannot wait until I am well enough to start working out again....like really working out!  This weight gain has been most depressing and the sedentary life I've been forced to live is nothing short of torture.  So, to get back into a "gym" per se, is wonderful!!  However, it's after PT that the pain really starts to kick in.  Ya know, we talked about those deceiving endorphins last time, right?  Yeah....  So, nights have been rough.  LOTS of muscle spasms!  But, I'm very happy to be seeing some progress.  My Physical Therapist says I'm trying to do too much too soon though...that I need to slow down and take the progress little by little and allow ample time for the joint to heal itself.  Hard, but I'll try to control myself.  I'm like a lone sled dog with A.D.D....LET'S GOOOOO!!!!  Good thing sled dogs love the cold, since I'll be spending most of my "off time" looking a little something like this: 
Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!  MUSH!  MUSH!  MUSH!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment