Thursday, November 29, 2012

Lefty: status post Day #2

All in all, things are looking up! Lefty is done and I'm officially on my way to a FULL recovery!!! Woohoo!!! My immediate post-op was a little rough, but we got through it and I'm now sitting in my favorite recliner at our new friend's (The Peters Family) house here in Augusta, Georgia. I can't say enough how lovely it is to have a warm and inviting home to rest in, instead of a hotel. Praise God for His people...loving and kind and generous. I pray that when the opportunity presents itself, that we will be able to return the favor to someone in need of a warm place to lay their head, a cozy meal and friendly banter. We have made lifelong friends here and praise God for them every day!

As for me, well it's pretty much like before...just on the opposite side ;-) Pain is rough at first when moving, but definitely manageable. I am getting up and stretching and walking as frequently as I can tolerate. Plans are to fly home to Texas tomorrow....and boy am I ready! Missing my kiddos something fierce! Besides, we have some serious holiday FUN ahead and I need to get my crutches all warmed up and ready to rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment