Saturday, November 3, 2012

Nesting

Making sure all my little chickadees are in a row...
It is now exactly 24 days until, hopefully, my final surgery of all hip surgeries.  Woohoo!  Now it's lefty's turn, or as I call it, the "virgin" hip (it's the one that's never been operated on in the past).  Strangely enough, I seem to have turned a bit of a corner the past day or so.  The pain in the left is surpassing the right...which by my calculations, sounds about right.  The right one is still healing, no doubt.  But the pain in the left is a more acute, sharp, throbbing and the right is stiff and fatigued....very different.  So, as weird as it sounds...this is actually a good thing!  Seems like the right is healing up as it should and the left is about ready to throw in the towel.  Good thing...because the right is about to get a big wake-up call here in a few weeks.  Hope it's ready to withstand all the pressure and there are no setbacks.  Only time will tell....  In the meantime, I've had the strangest "nesting instinct" take over my brain.  And no, I'm NOT pregnant!  But, it feels very similar to when I was expecting my babies.  Perhaps it's because I know that here in only a few weeks I won't be able to squat and scrub those baseboards or climb to dust the ceiling fans (how the heck does dog hair get up on the ceiling fans?!  Seriously???).  I've even already warned my family that my Christmas decorating will be done BEFORE Thanksgiving *gasp*!  I mean, I can't very well trim a tree properly if I'm on crutches, now can I? So, while there's barely a dent in the Halloween candy...I'm already getting all the lights and garland and ornaments down from the attic.  And one simply cannot properly decorate a home for the holidays without listening to *clutching the pearls* Christmas music!!!  I've never loved Pandora more than I do right now!  My kids think I'm nuts, but of course my husband has known this fact for years now.  We just celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary and that man is proficient in the ways of his wife around the holidays.  He has wisely learned to just be a spectator and let the madness commence...it will be beautiful when all is said and done, so just leave me to my holly jolly nuttiness and peace will come to all in the end.  Now, I just need a warm cozy beverage and we're all set!
Peppermint Hot Cocoa with whipped cream...all is right with the world.  Blog on!

*sigh* NOT my house...but a girl can dream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment