Saturday, November 24, 2012

Giving Of Thanks

I am beyond elated to get ourselves to Georgia to get this other hip finally, FINALLY fixed! But some mixed emotions keep sliding in and out of my mind. I am a little worried that this surgery will be much tougher than the last. Logic would say this is a false concern....that the right one is fixed, therefore it is strong enough to withstand bearing most of the weight. However, reality is that it is still healing...even after 3 months, it is still in the heart of restoration and healing. And that may prove to be challenging now that it will be bearing most of the "stress". I pray that I, myself, am strong enough to press forward, to work hard through physical therapy, to keep moving when my body doesn't want to. I pray for patience, that I won't feel defeated when my legs won't carry me as I would like them to, as quickly as I would like them to. I pray that my family and friends remain loving and patient with me when my awkwardness and pain keeps me from moving about as they can (this really isn't a concern, my family and friends have been so incredibly supportive!!! But I pray nonetheless). I pray that our children are well cared for in our absence, that we will be missed, but that they will be content without us as well....that their young lives are as negatively effected as little as possible. I pray that the physical pain is well-controlled and that the long travel there and back home is uneventful and safe. I pray that I can drive right away (seriously, that was SUCH a pain in the rear when righty hip was out of commission...I HATE being chauffeured!!). I pray that we remain financially "okay", especially through the holidays. This is quite possibly the WORST time of year to be having surgery as major as this. But alas, it is what it is and we press forward to bigger and brighter things!

We celebrated Thanksgiving a few days ago, and now I offer up my own prayers of thanksgiving.... Thank you Lord God for blessing me with such loving and supportive family and friends. When I stop and think about it, I am overwhelmed...flooded with tears of joy and praise, that God would be so loving to give me these amazing people in my life! I don't deserve it, and yet He continues to bless me day after day. How great is our God!!! Thank you Lord, for my husband. He is truly the rock in my life, the solid place I can trust to not only be protected, but compassionately cared for and unconditionally loved. Thank you Lord for my dear children. Again, overwhelmed with tears when I think of my kiddos. They are so young, and yet so mature in their attitudes, their empathy toward others, their responsibility toward not only themselves, but to their family and friends....and their innocent love of God. They completely amaze me! So much, Lord...far too much, the blessings in my life. I don't deserve them, and yet You give them so freely to me. May I be a living example of You. May I live my life as You would have me do, loving and kind toward others, as your Son, Jesus. May I be an instrument of Your goodness and peace.  In your Son's precious name...Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment