Friday, December 7, 2012

A Blue Christmas

Well, as usual, recovery is slow.  My heart and my mind want to go, go, go and my hips (and my dear family and friends) say no, no, no.  Although, this recovery seems to be going much better than the last one, I have to remember that I am still not even 2 weeks post-op yet.  This, however, does NOT make me any less disgruntled.  I want to go Christmas shopping, I want to go see "A Christmas Carol" with my friends (REALLY irked about that one), I want to be up and in the kitchen singing carols and making cookies....and I want to get back to work!!!  I miss my job, my friends, my patients....I DO NOT like being the patient (I'm pretty sure you've figured that one out now, huh?)  I want to get back to the gym and finally, FINALLY start working off these millions of pounds I've gained through all this ordeal.  I want to completely reorganize my closets.  I want to take my dog on a much deserved walk around the block.   I want to be able to put on a pair of pants, shoes, socks, etc. without help.  So, as you can probably surmise, I'm a bit blue these days.  I know (I do!) that the end is in sight...I can see the faint dim of the light at the end of this ridiculously long tunnel.  I can finally see the peak of this gigantic mountain I'm climbing.  But, it's like the last mile in the race.  You want to give it all you've got and sprint like mad to the finish line....but my body just won't let me.  On a happier note.... I made my very first venture out of the house last night since returning home from my surgery.  Our daughter had her holiday choir concert and wild horses couldn't have kept me away.  She even had a solo, and was absolutely beautiful!  Chip off the old block, that girl!  I even was able to ditch the crutches and just use the cane!  Although I DID need Big Daddy's hand-holding for stability...but, he didn't seem to mind ;-)  So, for now, I'll be singing the Christmas carols from my "office" (the Tempurpedic) and Pinning like a crazy person....if you don't already know, I'm an absolute 100% Pinterest junkie (Follow Me!!!)

"I'll have a bluuuuue, blue, blue, blue Christmas....."



No comments:

Post a Comment