Tuesday, December 18, 2012

It's a Party!!!

And yes....YOU'RE invited!!! I have woken up after yet another restless night of pain, to find myself struck with the biggest pity party of the year. Satan is workin me hard this morning, kids....I REALLY don't like that guy. It's not just the pain (although, that alone is pretty darn miserable) its the sloooooowness of this recovery. I should be getting BETTER by now!!! It's exactly 3 weeks post-op today. And now is where God's amazing gentle and loving voice says to me "but Amy, look how far you've come in 3 whole weeks!" And I want to pout and cry like a 3 year old :-( But folks, there is yet another reason for this "festive occasion" of Amy's pity party for one...I weighed myself yesterday. Yeah, I know, that was kinda stupid. But ohmygoodnessgracious it's happened. It's actually really happened. I am officially the fattest I've ever been in my WHOLE LIFE. Even MORE than when I was pregnant with my 2 ginormous 9 lb butterball babies! Yeah, MORE. There aren't enough words in the human language to describe how heartbroken, disgusted and angry I am at myself right now. I want to scream "how did this happen?!" Ummm, well it was when you went for round 'however many' on the pie, cookies, chips, etc. Just because you eat mounds of Nutella on fruit does NOT make it healthy!!! Just because you bulk up on the blueberries on the "healthy" morning oatmeal, does NOT negate the fact that it's about TWICE the serving it should be! And when you drive OUT OF YOUR WAY just to get you favorite frosty treat....that should be a big, huge red light that "Houston, we have a problem!" And so, here we are. The end of the year. The season of Nicorette and Jenny Craig and Gold's Gym commercials galore (thank you dear God that I don't smoke anymore!). And ya know what? I've decided to make another blog! I know, you're thinking..." Greeeeaaaat, now we gotta read even MORE of Amy's psycho-babble!" Nope. This one's for me. And if I can help others along the way, like I have here....then AWESOME!!! But, this "blogging thing" has proven to be quite therapeutic for me, and well....it will hold me accountable to all the world, and guys, I could use all the encouragement I can get! This will be a major, MAJOR uphill battle...especially with broken hips! But I HAVE to so something! I want to be the healthiest I can be, not only for my dear precious family, but for God. He has blessed me with this body, to be a vessel for Him. And what have I done?? I've overstuffed it with Mexican food and red velvet cake!!! So, there we are. Stay tuned, friends....more to come, much more. Oh, and by the way...the party's cancelled ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment