Monday, January 14, 2013

When It Rains, It Pours...

Continuing with physical therapy 3x/week on this left hip.  They're really working me hard at this point and I'm certainly feelin' it!!!  I ventured out for a walk around our very large block last week and it was an absolute joy!  Painful, but joyous all the same.  I felt like a free woman!  Pain is getting much better and I'm off all the nasty pain meds....just Mobic and Tylenol when I need it.  But it's certainly not pain-free yet.  The rain and cold definitely set it off, but usually the more active I stay, the better.  Now, the goal is to increase range of motion and strength.  The hip remains very tight and stiff and quite weak, but it's getting stronger with every PT session.  The dim light at the end of this very long tunnel is starting to come into view.  Yay!

I'm getting antsy to get back to work.  Not only because I miss all my work peeps (hi DSU girlies!), but we are so strapped for cash it isn't funny.  Like "Peanut Butter sandwiches and Ramen Noodles for breakfast, lunch and dinner" strapped.  We're getting it done and making it happen, but we REALLY need my income....bad!  So, there's this enormous pressure I've put on myself to hurry up and recover, so that I can get back to work ASAP.  Well, if all that wasn't enough....Big Daddy totaled his truck last week.  Thank God no injuries, but he banged up his truck pretty awful.  Probably the WORST possible time for this to happen.  Trying to come up with a deductible and living on only one vehicle...yeah, kinda stressful.  Doing lots of prayer time and deep breathing and MORE prayer time.  On a happy note, maybe I'll lose the weight I've committed to losing this year, living only on Ramen Noodles!  Hey, there's hope!  Totally kidding....sort of  ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment