Sunday, December 11, 2011

One Month Post-Op

One month since my hip arthroscopy....honestly, it does get a little better day by day.  And I'll be starting hydrotherapy with PT next week, cannot wait to get moving!!!  But, there are still a few things I cannot do and I'm sure this is more to do with the underlying dysplasia and not from the hip scope itself.  For example, tying shoes is quite the challenge!  I can't sit and bend over without pain and I can't cross my legs without pain, so I wind up in this funny contorted state just to tie my shoes!  Also I find that certain chairs, sofas, stools at work, the pews at church, etc. are just NOT suited to my funky, anatomically messed-up hips!  No matter how I fidget and adjust, there is something pinching in there...so much so, that it's a relief to stand up!  And it's standing and walking that is typically most painful...go figure!  But, all in all...life is much less painful than it was last week and even more so than the week before.  I am very rarely taking my "narc-y-narcs" (another adorable term from my dear friend, Carla) and haven't seen an ice pack in nearly a whole week.  Just taking the NSAIDS seem to do the trick.  My crutches and cane are in the corner, resting up until my next surgical adventure.  Thank you again to all of you who have been praying for me and sending me well-wishes!  You just don't know how very much it means to me to know that I'm not on this road all alone....love to all!!! xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are feeling better each day! Sorry i was so weird this morning! I have some sinus thing that makes me feel like I am in a tunnel. I can't hear either! I guess you feel that way all the time! (I hope not!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete